- 1 lb. fresh boneless, skinless, walleye filets
- handful of green olives stuffed with garlic cut into small pieces
- handful of black olives cut into small pieces
- handful of sundried tomatoes packed in olive oil cut into small pieces
- handful of feta cheese
- fresh tomato slices
- fresh lemon
- Pinot Grigio white wine
- salt and pepper
Wash and thoroughly dry the walleye filets between paper towel before laying them on the bottom of a casserole or glass baking dish. Salt and pepper the fish to taste. Add a splash of white wine. Sprinkle the green olives, black olives and sundried tomato over the fish. Sprinkle on the feta cheese. Finally, cover everything with a layer of tomato slices. Pop it into a pre-heated oven, set at 400 F and cook for approximately 20 minutes. When it is time to serve, squeeze the juice from half of the fresh lemon over the steaming fish. Serves two generously.
By the way, while you’re waiting for the fish to cook, prepare this similarly amazing avocado and grapefruit salad with lime vinaigrette. It complements the baked walleye perfectly and makes a meal fit for a king—or queen.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 large red grapefruit peeled and pith removed. Separate the pieces with your fingers
Pour lime juice, pepper flakes, dry mustard, and sugar in a blender and whirl together. Slowly blend in the oil, salt and pepper. Place the lettuce, grapefruit and avocado in a salad bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss it all together.
Source: Outdoor News and more with Fishing Editor Gord Pyzer